Monday, November 29, 2010

Cardiovascular Disease

Last week I attended HSE's Away Day organised by my Company in FRIM. It was a good event & the programs arranged were very informative.

One of the program that they have arranged for the day was a talk from a Doctor of Hospital An-Nur (if I'm not mistaken). The Doctor has been given a mandate to talk about Stroke. The first question that was pop-up from his mouth was, "do you know what is the No. 1 killer in Malaysia?" Ouch!! everyone seemed stunned with that question but there you go...there were so many answers given by the staff..oh! it's cancer, HIV, accident, heart attack, obese..wait!! obese?? hmm let it be...

The Doctor with his smiley face answered..."The No. 1 killer in Malaysia is Cardiovascular Disease...anything that is relate to our cardiovascular / heart..No. 2 in the list is Septicaemia in other word infection in the blood (you can say that you are the biggest contribution-------->DENGUE) and Stroke comes to No. 3 in the list"

Owh! Okay!..it's our heart, thats No. 1 killer..we could be one of the victim & since then everyone seemed given their fullest attention to this Doctor..

The Doctor asked us again.."who are usually at a risk, do you know?"..."sorry Doctor we dont know, that's why we are here", aswered from one of the staff :)

The following are the factors (well, some of it I knew but it's just ignorance!).
1. Age
2. Male
3. Diabetic, HBP, High cholestrol
4. Obese
5. Heir

I could be the victim...I'm in one of the above..oh gosh!! I need exercise, I need full medical check up, I need to eat & stay healthy...I need to do EVERYTHING!!!!! hahaha now I'm terrified & scared..after so long I never thought about this...never care how importance to love our body and most important our HEART, which never stop beating since I born...subahanallah

Our Heart
(picture from Wikipedia)


0 comments:

Post a Comment